Saturday, March 28, 2009

Alas! Only 4 more days at the foot of the mountain

Where DOES the time go? They say it flies when you're having fun, so I've REALLY been having fun! Would you believe it snowed this morning? The 10-day weather report for Eureka Springs said "rain to snow." It left out another possibility: sleet. Sleet began falling at 9, turning to snow at 10. Nice-sized flakes blowing first this way, then that way. I took pictures to prove it. By 2, there was not one whit of evidence that I had seen what I said I saw.
Yes, it four days, WCDH-3 will be a pleasant memory. Even the thoughts of artichoke in garlic butter, black bean soup and chocolate tofu mousse will bring a chuckle. Cindy's cornbread, apple crisp, pear cobbler, brownies and oatmeal cookies were to die for. And one night, we each had an entire (small) chicken.
BLT asked how to sign up. Google Writers' Colony at Dairy Hollow and ask for an application. It's that easy. Oh. And have two references who'll vouch for your seriousness in the writing craft. See you when I get home.

2 comments:

  1. I may have trouble finding even one who would vouch that I am any longer a serious writer, if I ever could. Power to you and your novel. Was most happy to see you. Please advise of any changes. BLT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell the gang at Lucidity I said, "Hello". I hope you have a wonderful Easter celebration. Pappy

    ReplyDelete