Saturday, March 21, 2009

Every writer should be so lucky

And you can be, for a 2 or 4 or 8 week stay away from home. And, well, $45 per day. But what price solitude, both inside and out, the inspiration of spring and flowers and budding trees? And, like today,(Saturday) a gentle rain. At Dairy Hollow --below the Crescent Hotel--you can eat in the main house during the weekends or bring food to your room. For those in residence during the third Thursday, you are lucky enough to get to read during Poetluck, the meeting of local writers who gather to (potluck) eat, visit and participate (or not) in a read around that is not only poetry. In years past, I read poetry, but this year I read a chapter from my (hopefully) novel-to-be. With, I'm happy to say, outbreaks of laughter during (especially the cookie sheet and muffin tin shields and the kitchen fork swords) and compliments afterwards. You'll be hearing more about Dairy Hollow--I have 10 more glorious days at the foot of a mountain. Lucky me.

2 comments:

  1. You make your tour at the writing center sound like a place I`d like to be; maybe rekindle my writing fires. Where and how do I sign up? Good luck on your novel.. And remember that what I aspired to be and was not comforts me. See you next week. BLT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delightful Pat. Wish I was there to see it. Maybe soon. Pappy

    ReplyDelete