Monday, February 9, 2009

Thanks to Dennis Price, a way-down-south Texan...

... for directing me to blogspot. In lieu of Face Book, My Space, etc., I'll try my hand at blogging. Roland Mann has also been instructive as I begin this new venture. First, we'll see how this first post turns out. Then, we'll see. Thanks, Dennis and Roland. Ooh, ooh! Two bluebirds are cleaning themselves in the birdbath outside the south window. Already today, I've seen a pair of robins, house finches, nuthatches, sparrows and a woodpecker. How many haiku can I write about the event? Then when I think I have seen enough, I notice a cardinal in the pinking japonica farther out in the yard. Not to forget the early, common daffodils in the north yard under the hackberry. Oh, the beauties of spring!! pl

11 comments:

  1. Hi Pat. If you have already gotten this comment it's because I tried to send it once and couldn't because of some technical difficulty. Glad to have you in the blogosphere. You will find many sites you enjoy. Many are birders and flower folks. Some are poets too. I will e-mail you some other blogs to look at. Good luck, and good blogging. Pappy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hard part of blogging for me is keeping up with it! I've started three and pooped out on all of them!
    Kathy Helmer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome! Only advice is don't listen to the texican! He is a bonififed trouble making troubador!( All in jest. :) Just write what you feel, I like haiku and looking forward to reading some of yours. Come visit me at Glovzoff, my blog where I tell it like I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pat and Welcome to Bloggyland! Hope you enjoy yourself and make loads of nice friends like I have. We look forward to seeing what creations you'll share.
    Just remember, be yourself and have fun. :o)
    Happy Blogging!
    Sparky ♥ ∞ (aka Pamela)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was also hoodwinked into this endeavor by the Texican last May. Like Sparky said be yourself. Good luck, Carey, A.K.A. Pappys younger sibling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Pat! Good luck with the Blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to blogland, Pat. Blogging is as addicting as anything else I've ever known. Have fun. I'm looking forward to your haiku.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pappy sent me by. Welcome to Blog Land. I hope you enjoy it. Come to think of it, I have been blogging almost exactly 1 year now!!! Have a great trip in cyberspace.

    ReplyDelete
  9. G'day from Australia, Pat - I'm following Pappy's advice to welcome you to BlogLand.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm following your Blog Pat -- be careful what you say. Check out my picture on my profile.

    ReplyDelete