Monday, June 1, 2009

Jottings from last week's journal

DOG breeds I've never heard of: "basenji" and "Chinese hairless crested."
SEVENTY-seven soldiers with Arkansas roots have died in the U.S.'s wars: 70 in Iraq and seven in Afghanistan, according to reporter Robert J. Smith, Arkansas Democrat Gazette.
BIO from an obit: "He (age 81 at death) was born...in the original log house built by his great-great-grandfather Williams in 1838 in northwest Bradley Co."
Another BIO from another obit: "J. (79) loved her children and grandchildren (don't we all!) and often told them, 'I love you.' When they [answered] 'I love you more,' she ... replie[d], 'No, you couldn't.'"
PURCHASE: New In Town DVD with Renee Zellweger.
A malapropism: "required taste," for "acquired taste." - Hagar The Horrible comic strip.
A haiku: " burble of chickens/ adds to the bird chatter/ this late May morning."

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pat. I guess I need to get back to my journal. Everyone I start near the beginning of the new year has about four pages used. I have no will power anymore. Have a great week. Pappy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can`t help wih those dog breeds, but I think I have learned to spell 'dachshund" I am not ioo% certain but I know I have one, however one spells it. Keep on keeping on. BLT

    ReplyDelete