Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day musings

A Senryu:
Memorial Day ~
Mother would frown: no flag flies
from her -- my -- old house [c 2009]

". . . I am old fashioned, and my sentiment runs to old things." --from Ernie Pyle's last and unfinished column, Arkansas Democrat Gazette , editorial page

"'Never, never, never give up.'" -- Winston Churchill, cited by Pat Lynch, columnist, ADG

If you are here, then you still have something that needs to be done." -- Pat Lynch

Flipping my haiku calendar to May 25, I discovered it was the 10th anniversary of my father's death at age 90. Please God may I live that long. I have so much more to do.

Sorry to read the Texican is going on blog leave. Have a good respite, Dennis. And a good rest.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Pat, It's nearing summertime. School's out and so is my teacher. We are going to do some adventure riding so I'm going to be sporadic in my posting (I think). You'll have to bridge the gap. Happy writing. Pappy

    ReplyDelete